To the parents and children of Ashdown Elementary School:
Welcome to the kindergarten through second-grade school! We anticipate a great year as our staff works diligently with your child to provide learning opportunities that are challenging and engaging. Our Mission statement is: We will Learn. We will Succeed. We will make a Difference. We are ASHDOWN! Our motto is Today’s Learners are Tomorrow’s Leaders.
Our school values parents as one of its best resources. In this partnership, we will do our best to provide your child with a safe and challenging atmosphere in which to learn and be successful. Attending school has a huge impact on student success. This year we want to make sure every student misses no more than 12 days of school. We need your help.
Some Attendance Tips to Promote Student Learning:
● Make sure your student keeps a regular bedtime and establish a morning routine so s/he is rested and alert when at school.
● Turn off all electronics including TVs, phones, and tablets at bedtime.
● Make sure clothes and backpack are ready the night before.
● Check with our school nurse or office staff if you are not sure about when to keep your child at home
due to illness.
● Avoid scheduling vacations or doctor’s appointments when school is in session.
● Talk to teachers and/or the counselor for advice if your student feels anxious about going to school.
● Develop back up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member,
neighbor, or another parent to take your student to school.
I look forward to a wonderful year with you and your child. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or call the office to schedule an appointment.
Teresa Wake, Principal