Thanks for stopping by. We hope you find the information you are needing. If you can't find it, try out the site search.
Here are some quick links to the most popular site information:
"We will be a school/district with an unrelenting focus on learning. All students are expected to succeed; failure is not an option."
From the Little River News:
The 2014 H.E.R.O. (Heal, Educate, Reach, Overcome) Nurse Service Award, from Global Glove Manufacturing, manufacturers of medical and surgical gloves, recognizes nurses who have made a lasting impression on their peers, their patient, their profession and their community.
Just 10 nurses from around the country have been selected to win this award. Ashdown native Linda Paxton Easter is one of these winners.
There were 58 nominations from all over the United Sates and Easter was the only one that had two nominations. She was presented with a plaque, a certificate, a nursing textbook worth up to $200, a nursing magazine of her choice for a year and the publication of her bio on Ansell's website.
Easter is a Neurology Specialty Nurse at Arkansas Children's Hospital. She has been a nurse for over 35 years. She is a 1971 graduate of Ashdown High School. She is the daughter of the late Ardella Walton and the late Sam Paxton and the sister of the late Nathaniel Paxton.
Easter said she lives by the philosophy of "Treat people the way you want to be treated. Treat them with respect even when they don't give in return. Trust God with all you heart, soul and mind and to he who is given much, much is required of him."
August 5-7, 2014
Beginning of the year: "What to Wear and Not Wear to School."
Everyone is preparing to get back in the swing of school. Ashdown High School staff is anxiously awaiting the arrival of our students. We wish to work with parents to provide for a very successful year for our children.
Some of the information that you need before buying school clothes is included in the Ashdown School District Handbook.
This information includes, but is not limited to the following regulations:
1. No House Shoes.
2. Shorts, Skirts and or dresses must be below fingertip length. No boxer shorts, bike shorts, or tight fitting shorts or pants will be allowed. (Leggings must be covered with shorts, dresses or skirts below finger tip length.)
3. No clothing that is too revealing such as halter tops, tube tops, half shirts will be allowed. Clothing with holes above the knees will not be permitted. No shirts cut past the shoulder seam or with large arm holes will be allowed. No see through material.
4. No vulgar or profane language, pictures or implications of drugs, gangs or illegal activities.
5. No head covering will be allowed.
6. No sagging is allowed. State ACT 835 Section 2(c)(1)