The Ashdown School District considers its parents the most valuable asset in operating a school. Parents are encouraged to participate in the activities of the school and extra-curricular activities. Parents are given a Volunteer Involvement sheet on which they are welcome to sign up for various ways in which they can be involved in helping the school. These include:
- Open House
- Parent Conferences
- Parent Teacher Organization and Activities
- Class Parties (AE & LFH)
- Fund Raisers
- Classroom Volunteer
- Grandparent’s Day (AE, LFH, AJHS)
- Parents Eat Lunch with Students (AE, LFH, AJHS)
- Field Trips (AE, LFH, AJHS, AHS)
- School Dances & Prom
- Assistant Coaches for Academic Competitions (DI, Quiz Bowl, FFA, and FCCLA)
- Science Fair Judges (AJHS)
- Red Ribbon Day/Week
- Fall Festival
- Musical Activities/Programs
- Family Night Library (AE)
- Watch D.O.G.S. “Dads of Great Students” (MD, CDF, LFH)
- GATEKEEPERS Program (MD)
- Band Concerts & Competitions
- Good Morning Program (MD)
- Groovy Grannies (AE & LFH)
- Landscape Committees
If you would like to participate in one of the above volunteer activities, please contact the principal or counselor for more information.
The Ashdown School District’s offers assistance to parents through the Parent Resource Center located at 751 Rankin, 898-4450. Services include:
- The Great Start Preschool Program, a collaboration of Ashdown Schools and private daycares in Ashdown, is housed at the center.
- Grandparents raising grandchildren are invited to join monthly support.
- Parents can find information and support to be an active participant in the education of their child.
Each campus provides a Parent Center which has materials available for parents. Please check with the campus office for further information. The Parent Involvement Campus Facilitator will be happy to assist you.